"Personal information" means information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
WHICH INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT?
We collect personal information you provide when you use this website. For instance, where you are providing information when you request information about a product or service available through this website, or when you purchase a product or service through this website; where you are entering a contest or a promotion, ordering a newsletter; and where you are downloading and/or registering products and/or signing up for additional services.
The information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, IP address, billing and/or shipping address, phone number, payment account information, and other information about you submitted to verify who you are or to prevent fraud. If you call our customer service, we may collect personal information which you knowingly and voluntarily provide through your contact with our customer service representatives.
We furthermore collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser, which may include, without limitation, information that does not identify you personally (such as the date and time of your visit). The information we receive in this manner depends on the settings on your web browser. If you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this website, we may link the information provided by your browser to information that identifies you personally and use it for the purposes described below. Please review the settings of your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
HOW DO YOU COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
Cookies. When you visit this website, your computer may receive one or more "cookies" in order to help personalize and support your use of this website, our services, and/or the services of our partners. A "cookie" is a small text file that is transferred to your computer’s web browser by a web server, and can be read by a web server in the same domain at a later time. If you do not wish to receive cookies or wish to manage when you accept cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. We provide more information on this in the "What are my choices?" section, below. Although you are not required to accept our cookies, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of this website.
Cookies allow a website to customize information that is presented to you through your use of this website (such as to display personalized content and targeted advertising to you on your future visits to this website), and to save time by storing information so you do not need to re-enter it during a later use of our website. We may place cookies on this site directly, or on behalf of the partner whose advertisement appears on this website or its service providers. In general, cookies do not identify you personally. However if you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this website, we may link the cookie to information that identifies you personally. We may use a combination of "session cookies" and "persistent cookies" on this website, further described below.
Session Cookies. A "session cookie" is a temporary cookie that expires when you close your browser. A session cookie assigns a randomly-generated, unique identification number to your computer when you access this website. Assigning your computer a number facilitates the proper functioning of the features of our websites by permitting us to maintain a persistent "state" for your session, such as maintaining the contents of your shopping cart during checkout. We also use session cookies to collect anonymous information (i.e., information that does not identify you personally) about the ways visitors use this website – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We analyze this information (known as "click-stream information") to better understand our visitors’ interests and needs and to improve the content and functionality of this website.
Persistent Cookies. Unlike a session cookie, a "persistent cookie" does not expire when you close your browser. It stays on your computer until the expiration date set in the cookie (for example, at the end of a calendar month) or until you delete it. Persistent cookies can be used to "tag" your computer so that the next time you visit (or someone using your computer visits), our server will recognize you, not by name, but by the "tag" on your computer. This will enable us to provide you with a personalized experience even if we do not know who you are. It will also allow us to collect more accurate information about the ways people use this website, for example, how people use this website on their first visit and how often they return. Using persistent cookies permits us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and, in some cases, may save you the trouble of re-entering information already in our database.
Web Beacons. When you visit this website, your computer may receive one or more "web beacons" in order to assist us with delivering cookies on this website, to collect anonymous information about the use of this website by our visitors, and to deliver customized or targeted content to you on this website and through our partners. Web beacons are graphic images, usually no larger than a 1x1 pixel, placed at various locations on this website. They also help us identify browser types, search terms that bring visitors to our website, and the domain names of websites that refer traffic to us. We may place web beacons on this site directly, and may place web beacons on behalf of the partner whose branding appears on this website or its service providers. They also help us identify your IP address. The information collected by web beacons does not identify you personally. However, if you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this website, for example, by making a purchase, we may link the information we collect using web beacons to the information that identifies you personally and use it in the same ways as we use the information we collect using cookies. We also use web beacons to provide us with more information on any emails we send out. In particular, a web beacon in an email communication will send us information to let us know that you have received, opened, or acted upon an email you have chosen to receive from us.
WHAT USE ARE YOU MAKING OF THIS INFORMATION?
We may use personal information collected by us for the following purposes:
- to contact you if you have requested information or communication from us;
- to determine the country in which you are located for compliance purposes (including without limitation export compliance) and for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to help verify that existing personal information about you, in our possession, is accurate and complete;
- to provide you with product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and other information, either on our own behalf or in some cases on behalf of a partner or client acting as their agent, where you have consented to receive it;
- to undertake any other promotional activity in the case you have consented to receiving and participating to such promotional activity;
- in connection with keys, access codes or other information as may be required to permit you to access the websites or services of our partners to receive products, updates or services;
- to verify compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- if you visit this website for the purposes of conducting a purchase transaction:
- to take, verify, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment, verify your tax or tax exempt status, contest chargebacks, determine your eligibility for a line of credit, or notify you of the status of your order;
- for fraud and piracy prevention purposes;
- to provide you, to the extent permitted by law, with a personalized shopping experience;
- to register your purchase with the manufacturer or service provider for warranty, technical support or similar purposes;
- to provide notice of your purchase to the provider of an online service for which you purchase a service use right from us, for example, in order for the service provider to enable your access to the service;
- for you to establish an account for future purchases, if you have consented to the creation of such an account;
- to facilitate the renewal of your subscriptions for products or services; and
- to provide you with effective customer service (which may to the extent and in a manner permitted by applicable law, include contacting visitors who commence but do not complete a checkout process to follow up on the incomplete session or to see if there was a problem with their use of this website), and/or technical support.
We justify our processing of personal data on the following legal bases: (i) performing of a contract to which you are a party, or (ii) performing a legal obligation to which we are subject, or (iii) pursuing our legitimate interests and those of third parties, i.e. improving and managing our products and services, administering our websites, obtaining professional advice to protect our business, sending communications to promote our products and services.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance), and as permitted or required by applicable law. We will observe applicable law and take reasonable steps to ensure any person or entity receiving personal information for the purposes described above, are obligated to protect and keep secure the personal information on your behalf.
WHAT USE ARE YOU MAKING OF THE ANONYMOUS INFORMATION YOU COLLECT?
We may use anonymous information collected by us:
- to personalize and support your use of this website, our services, and/or the services of our partners;
- to improve this website, the customer experience, our advertising systems, and our products and services;
- to identify actions or transactions as originating through an affiliate marketing or referral program;
- to deliver targeted advertisements on this website and other websites;
- to provide reporting to our current and prospective partners and service providers; and
- for other historical, statistical or research and analyses purposes.
We use other companies to provide joint services or certain services to us or on our behalf and help us to operate our business. For example, to the extent permitted by applicable law we may use our corporate affiliates and/or other companies to host or maintain this website, to process credit card payments, to provide fraud screening and/or detection services, to perform data integrity checks, to offer you a line of credit, to provide website optimization services, to fulfill your order, for payment collection, to deliver advertisements on this website and third party websites, to send mail or email, and/or to provide customer service. We may share your information with our service providers in connection with their provision of services to us. These companies are required by contract to use any information we share with them only to perform services to us or on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We will not share your personal information with our affiliates or unrelated third parties to use for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
To Comply With Legal Requirements, Cooperate With Law Enforcement, Prevent Fraud and Other Crimes, and Protect Legal Rights, Property, You and Others. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose the personal information we collect on this website without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative or judicial process, requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect our legal rights, property or safety, our corporate affiliates, and their respective employees, clients and partners and agents, other users or the public in general; or to protect your vital interests if determined necessary by us. In addition, we may review our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we may share our server logs – which contain visitors’ IP addresses – with the appropriate investigative authorities who may use that information to trace and identify individuals. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe are or may be in violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations without providing notice to you.
WHAT ARE MY CHOICES?
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose information about you. We generally ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your personal information.
When you provide personal information, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further communications from us and/or from our partners, such as communications related to updates, upgrades, special offers and pricing. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive promotional messages from us, you may let us know via the contact form on our website wiustore.com; please specify which consent you are revoking in your email to us. Please note, however, if you give us permission to add your contact information to the Merchant’s mailing list and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact the Merchant (or use the "opt-out" provided in the emails the Merchant sends you) to have your name removed from the Merchant's mailing lists.
If you accept a session or persistent cookie, you can delete it at any time through your web browser (e.g., as soon as you leave our website). If you do not wish to receive cookies or wish to manage when you accept cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our cookies, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of this website.
These ads may collect anonymous information about your visits to the website on which such ad is placed, your interaction with these ads and the products and services offered by us, our partners and our suppliers through the use of a pixel tag or other web technologies. We and our partners may use this anonymous information to provide targeted advertisements to you for goods and services. If you opt out of having your information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tools, your existing display advertising cookie(s) will be deleted and new cookie will attempt to be placed that instructs service providers not to track your future activities when that cookie is detected (a "no-track" cookie). If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit our opt-out page, a "no-track" cookie cannot be set on your computer. Also, if you subsequently erase "no-track" cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again.
In certain circumstances, where you do not provide personal data which is required, we will not be able to provide the products and services under our contract with you or may not be able to comply with a legal obligation on us. We will make it clear if and when this situation arises and what the consequences of not providing the personal data will be.
HOW DO YOU SECURE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative safeguards reasonably designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a financial account number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. It is important that you understand, however, that no website, database or system is completely secure or "hacker proof." You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances. If an individual would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, they should submit their request in writing or email to [email protected] and provide sufficient information to allow us to understand the scope of the request.
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your personal data and, if we are, you can request access to their personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain other information about it.
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you is corrected.
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims.
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Transfer: you are entitled to request the transfer of your personal data to another third party in limited circumstances.
- Objection: where we are processing personal data based on legitimate interests (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing personal data based on our compelling legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Automated decisions: you are entitled to contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similarly significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
- Supervisory Authority: you also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in the European Union where you are habitually resident, where you work or where an alleged infringement of Data Protection Legislation has taken place.
- Determine guidelines as to the use of your personal data after your death: you have a right to determine guidelines as to the storage, erasure and communication of your personal data after your death. These guidelines may be general or specific.
WHAT IS YOUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY?
This website is not directed at nor targeted to children. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not able to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use this website unless supervised by an adult. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children as such term is defined by applicable laws.
- Email: [email protected] .